Skip to main content

Fire (Graceling #2) by Kristin Cashore


It is not a peaceful time in the Dells. The young King Nash clings to his throne while rebel lords in the north and south build armies to unseat him. The mountains and forests are filled with spies and thieves and lawless men.


This is where Fire lives. With a wild, irresistible appearance and hair the color of flame, Fire is the last remaining human monster. Equally hated and adored, she had the unique ability to control minds, but she guards her power, unwilling to steal the secrets of innocent people. Especially when she has so many of her own.


Then Prince Brigan comes to bring her to King City, The royal family needs her help to uncover the plot against the king. Far away from home, Fire begins to realize there's more to her power than she ever dreamed. Her power could save the kingdom.


If only she weren't afraid of becoming the monster her father was.


** spoiler alert ** 

Ok........ so I loved Graceling. It was awesome! The fighting, the humor, the romance, the characters, the surroundings, the graces. And then to read this..... big disappointment. Don't get me wrong it had its good moments but they didn't come close to outweighing the bad moments. Alright, in Graceling you can see and read when the lead characters express their love/attraction for each other. You can understand it even. But in this book, its like "Huh?". One minute they're talking and the next they're hugging? What? And they don't seem to want to get married, at least in Graceling they talked and discussed it.
I just hope Bitterblue can redeem this book.
Also Archer, shame on you!

Language: Mild.
Adult Stuff: There are a few intimate scenes but they aren't very detailed. There is mention of pregnancies and there are moments of kissing.
Violence: There is frequent talk of war and victims. There are a few scenes in a war hospital. Brief and not very graphic.
Overall Age Rating: 16+

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Meet Monkey!

Hi! I have had my Monkey girl for a few months now and she is so cute and SO soft. I thought I'd introduce her to you guys. Her name is Monkey, you can follow her on Instagram  @monkey_thekitty  and see her latest escapades and mischief.  She is part Tabby and part Maine Coone. She has many middle names and it gets longer daily. A few are Lycan, Tigeris, Charlie, Boots, Flannel, Mischief, and Bella. Here are a few pictures of her.. please excuse the yellow date in the corner.  She isn't the biggest fan of my sisters' cat...  Such a lover. A lover and a fighter!  "Who? Me?"  "You know you love me.."

Choice Summer (The Nikki Sheridan Series #1) by Shirley Brinkerhoff

Life for Nikki Sheridan has always been the same no surprises, no scrapes, no crises, no escapes. This summer will change all that. "Sure enough, honey-" Her hollow words reverberated off the cold, antiseptic walls of the examination room, and inside my head. I stopped listening. How could this have happened to me? More accurately, how will I ever forget? Especially now that there's this little reminder to think about. What am I going to do? Telling my parents - I don't even want to think about that! And Grandma and Grandpa would be so disappointed. No. It's just like the nurse at the clinic said I can have it taken care of, and then my life can just go back to normal. But I have to do it right away, before anyone finds out, before I start gaining weight- Her worst fears confirmed, Nikki's plans come to a screeching halt when she realizes that, for the first time in her life, the choice is hers to make. What will she decide? And can she follow through wit...

Let's talk Midterms

Midterms... ah, can I just *groan. First off, they're pointless. I mean like seriously! We have Finals, isn't that enough? I have online classes and they expect me to take midterm exams? Ha! I have enough to do. I mean, it'd be one thing if they lightened up the weekly workload and had us just do the exam... but no... they have us do our normal school week AND a high point exam or project. WHY? Are you trying to make me go gray early? I have compiled the stages of midterms.... enjoy. When you see the midterm.  The frantic studying (more like student dying). When you've reached your limit and you just need a moment to vent. Then.... the stressful moment of taking the exam: During the exam... When there's a trick question, but it might not be a trick question. Submitting the exam. When you realize that pass or fail you can get a job at Mcdonalds and you're cool with that. No more college. You just don't care... there is ...